Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Go Out Barking!

It happens every night after dinner, the neighborhood dog barking committee begins its ritual. Call & answer, call & answer, call & answer. And it does not matter which "non-furry" person sticks their head out the door and yells for "QUIET!", the barking committee continues their session.
I did not understand this ritual until I acquired 2 furry companions for myself.
Sweet Pea & Okie
And so began The Adventures of Okie & Sweet Pea

It's funny how we humans learn our lessons o' life.  Many times I have found myself hit over the head with a 2x4 before I "get it".  And usually as a "non-furry" person, it's because I think too much! Can that be possible with the sometimes seemingly pea brain that exist above my neck? Absolutely!
So, after living with my furry companions for some time now, here is a lesson o' life they taught me.

The after dinner ritual to me began as a would-you-shut-up-so-i-can-hear-my-tv-and-before-the-neighbors-shoot-you routine. Until the 2x4 smack in the brain woke me to what was really taking place.
Think about it . . . it's usually dark after dinner, or the last time the furry ones go out to take care of business before bed.  When I open the door, Okie & Sweet Pea are facing a world covered in darkness and not knowing what is before them. Scary! So, they go out barking!
Lesson?  They are facing their fears head on! Sweet Pea goes out with mouth open and pouncing to make herself seem bigger. Okie runs to the back fence with head down like a loud locomotive!  They are ready to take on whatever is out there and they are going to do it at full force!
Hmmmmmm, interesting in comparison to what us "non-furry" people do when it comes to fear.

1. Close the door and hibernate
2. Look down and act like it's not really there
3. Throw someone else out the door first
4. Go find all the different light bulbs first to light up the place and maybe by the time we get thru shopping
it will be gone anyway
5. or one of the last options but always before facing it . . . Move away

So, with this lesson o' life from my 2 furry companions, I am trying to stand more firmly when the darkness comes down and the fear sets in, and then go out barking!
For example:  as I see my country throwing away our moral foundation I will stand in the gap and cry out "ENOUGH! you will not put out my fire!" I will help to rebuild the moral foundation and the walls which have blessed this country and will face the fear of the world and some of my own countryman's rejection, ridicule, adverse reaction, and intent to destroy.  And I will do my part to keep the flame burning.
And whether the mortar holds or not, at least I can say "I've gone out Barking!"

As a start, here is a link to a documentary I produced about our Country's Foundation
check it out:     www.genesisofamerica.com

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! What a great post! Gibson goes out at night with his head held high so he can sniff the wind. What would that teach us humans? I'll enjoy following your blog.

    Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how some can smell fear? I think he is just preparing.
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete